We establish real and lasting connections with each of our clients to understand their challenges and needs. We collaborate to jointly design and develop business and IT solutions. And, we help celebrate the success of this connection.
Many of our clients achieve professional success through recognition of their project efforts.
We are a woman-owned small business of expert consultants who roll up our sleeves and help our clients tackle their toughest organizational challenges.
Our team works hard so you won’t have to – providing work life balance and personal success.
Our dynamic teams hit the mark on engagements, delivering high quality services, products and sustainable solutions.
Our solutions are sustainable because we share knowledge and ensure clients are able to support new processes, technologies, resources, and culture change. We ensure business success.
Your success is our Passion
Business Advantage Consulting, Inc. is a business and technology consulting firm. Our firm was formed in August 2000 by Duane and Angela Cheney. Since our founding, Business Advantage has successfully completed more than 210 projects for over 40 different private sector and government organizations. Our firm is a Sacramento region consulting company and our primary office is located in Sacramento County. Business Advantage Consulting is certified as a small business by the State of California and federally-certified as a Women-Owned Small Business.
As a Sacramento-based consulting firm with deep process improvement and project management expertise, Business Advantage has provided superior business improvement consulting services to clients in California since its inception. With our proven track record of meeting project objectives on time and within budget, the Business Advantage team leverages more than 15 years of experience to see projects through to successful conclusions, ensure our clients are satisfied and the desired project results are achieved. Our preferred method is to collaborate seamlessly with our clients’ teams to achieve desired results which are sustained after our engagement ends.
Although Business Advantage Consulting offers a wide range of professional services, we are most often involved in disciplines for which our consultants have well-deserved reputations for excellence: project and portfolio management, process design and implementation, program implementation and management, organizational change management, strategic communication management, and IT projects involving electronic content management.
Our Community Investment
Business Advantage not only commits to the success of our clients and customers, we also commit to give back to the local community through our Community Investment program. We encourage our team members to volunteer up to three work days per year to support local charitable and educational activities. Examples of past Community Investment activities are to the right >>
- Working with Habitat for Humanity
- Operational support for the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Leading an effort to donate toys and resources to the Placer County Children’s Emergency Shelter
- Supporting the management and operations of the Wolf Mountain Christian Conference Center
- Serving at the Upper Room Dining Hall to offer free meals for those in need in the Placerville area
- Facilitating a strategic planning retreat for Peace Lutheran Church
- Providing volunteer services to Katherine Albiani Middle School
- Staffing the phones for a fundraising drive for K-LOVE radio station
- Supporting Leadership-Rancho Cordova
- Volunteering to create emergency meal packets for Feed My Starving Children
Our Contracting Vehicles
Business Advantage provides expert business and technology consulting services that can significantly improve your business outcomes. We are a California certified small business (#21547) and federally certified woman-owned business. We have successfully provided services to local and state agencies since our foundation in 2000. Business Advantage Consulting is authorized to provide services through the following contracting vehicles:
NON IT California Multiple Award Schedule (CMAS)
Term: 11/23/2015 – 1/31/2018
Non-IT Services Offered through CMAS:
- Project Management
- Business Planning
- Change Management
- Organization Assessment
- Strategic Planning
- Program Development
- Performance Review
- Procurement Support
- Risk, Security, and HIPAA Assessment
California IT Master Services Agreement (MSA): #5137002-013
Term: 3/4/2014 – 3/3/2018
Approved IT Classifications:
- Senior Project Manager Information Technology
- Project Manager
- Senior Technical Lead
- Technical Lead
- Senior Programmer
- Systems Analyst
IT California Multiple Award Schedule (CMAS)
Term: 4/13/2017 – 4/30/2020
IT Services Offered through CMAS:
- Strategic Planning
- Acquisition Support
- Project Planning
- Project Management
- Requirements Analysis
- Process Reengineering
- System Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation
- System Security
- Quality Assurance
Vendor Pools and Other Contracting Vehicles
- CalPERS Information Technology Spring Fed Pool
- CalPERS Business Consulting Services Spring Fed Pool
- CalPERS Talent Management (HRSD) Spring Fed Pool
- CalPERS Specialty Investment Consulting Services (INVO) Spring Fed Pool
- CCHCS MSA
- SMUD MSA for Information Technology Support (SEED subcontractor)
- SMUD MSA for Documentum Professional Services (SEED subcontractor)